Continuing SAM PA1-Society of American Magician’s 2018-2019 Lecture Series, we will feature a lecture by Argentina’s Larry El Mago after our Parent Assembly Meeting on November 2nd, 2018:
Mago Larry is an international working magical artist and has won 7 prizes in the last 6 FISM Latin America Events (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017). Larry was the National champion of Spain in 2017.
Besides being a working professional performer, Larry El Mago keeps busy year round by being a magical advisor, director, coach and has lecture in all over the world (30+ countries). He is the Founder and Director of Latin American Meetings of Mentalism and is currently the President of S.I.M. (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Mentalismo).
Larry’s lecture will feature the following topics:
- History of mentalism and parlour magic
- Use of pre-show; the approach to a spectator
- Theory of the materialization of a spectator’s thoughts
- Form to present magic for an effective ending
- Introduction to classic salon magic, its modifications and subtleties
- Introduction to mentalism forces, controls, predictions, book tests, etc.
- Professional routines for social or corporate events
- Personal creations and unique effects
November 2nd, 2018.
6:00pm : Pizza and refreshments, jam session and networking.
7:00pm: PA 1 Members Only Meeting (members, please be on time as we need 20 members in attendance to have a Quorum. We are planning on inducting new members to SAMPA1, provide additional details about the 2019 Salute to Magic Venue and Date, and other member business.
7:30pm: Lecture featuring Larry El Mago
Fantasma Magic New York – 213 W 35th Street, Suite 401, NYC 10001 (Click for Map and Directions)
- Free for all Society of American Magicians Parent Assembly 1 members.
- $10.00 for Society of American Magicians members who are not PA1 members.
- $40.00 for non-SAM members which can be applied to PA1 membership dues when application is received on the lecture night only. Additional details about joining the Society for American Magicians can be found by clicking here.